Request for an Increase in Child Support Denied, Westchester County

Westchester County Family Court

In Westchester County all child support matters are heard before Support Magistrates. The Family Court in White Plains is located at 111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. on the second floor of the courthouse. There are also family courthouses located in New Rochelle and Yonkers.

A Support Magistrate can, among other things, set child support and rule on upward or downward modifications of child support.

Mother (custodial parent) Denied an increase in Child Support

Recently, in Westchester County Family Court in White Plains a client of Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP, successfully had the mother's petition for an increase of child support dismissed. The mother's petition was dismissed because she failed to present necessary proof at a hearing to warrant an increase in child support. The Mother's application to receive payment for child care expenses was also dismissed.

Child Support Lawyer

It is very important to have a lawyer during any court proceeding. In Family Court, especially in a child support proceeding, the case can move very quickly and without a knowledgeable lawyer there can be long lasting consequences. The attorneys at Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP always prepare for every court appearance and more importantly help their clients prepare not only for court but provide advice to help protect their rights for the long term. For example, if we were representing the Father or Mother we can provide advice that is useful for years. Many of our clients call us years later to keep in touch and ask for advice as new issues develop.

In the above example the Mother's petition was dismissed because she did not have an aggressive and prepared attorney. At Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP we help our client's prepare so their rights will always be protected.

Free Consultation

If you or someone you love has a child support issue or is always being taken to court for support, custody, family offenses, visitation or other matter call Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP for a Free Consultation.