"As your attorney, I know your divorce or family law matter is a difficult and challenging problem. I will work on your case for the best result, protect your rights and make sure you understand the entire court process including all of your options for success" - Keith Brown
Keith is the law firm's lead matrimonial attorney. Throughout his distinguished legal career Keith has been dedicated to practicing exclusively in the areas of matrimonial and family law and has represented countless individuals ranging from simple uncontested divorce cases to extremely complex divorce cases involving business and professional license valuations, asset tracing, asset searches, high net worth divorces and complex custody matters.
Keith also believes that the best divorce attorney must have the skills of a counselor, negotiator and litigator. Keith always keeps in touch with his clients so they have a clear and firm understanding of the status of their cases and legal strategy. Keith believes short term victories are not enough as his goal is to build long lasting results to help his client's achieve their long term goals.
Keith has been recognized at the firm for his personal attention to each client's concerns and his compassion, treating each client individually to reach effective solutions.
Regularly appearing in the Supreme and Family Courts of Westchester, Bronx, Rockland, Putnam, Dutchess and Orange counties, Keith is well known for his skillful and creative settlement negotiations and for being an aggressive and persistent litigator in the courtroom. Because Keith understands that divorce litigation can easily become a stressful process both emotionally and financially, he approaches each of his client's matters with compassion and understanding and makes every effort to make sure that each of his clients has a thorough and in depth understanding of their case each step of the way through the divorce process.
Areas of Practice
- Family and Matrimonial Law
- Divorce and Legal Separations
- Child Custody
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Division of Assets - Equitable Distribution
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Modification of Custody
- Modification of Child Support
- Modification, Reduction or Termination of Alimony
- Enforcement of Custody
- Enforcement of Child Support
- Enforcement of Alimony
- Protection from Domestic Violence
- Post Divorce Matters
- Relocation out of the State of New York with a child
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.S. Rehabilitation Psychology 2000)
- New York Law School (Juris Doctorate 2003)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of the New York State Bar
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Board member of Cedar Woods Tenants Corporation
- Former officer of the Northern Westchester Bar Association
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Lexington Center for Recovery