Westchester County Arson Attorney
Defending Clients Against Arson Charges - (914) 840-5104
If you or someone you know has been arrested or is under investigation for setting fire to a home, building, vehicle or other property, you need to speak with a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney right away. The arson criminal defense lawyers at Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP, have over 65 years of combined experience fighting for and protecting clients accused of arson.
Arson cases depend heavily upon the specific facts of the alleged incident, the accounts of eye witnesses including victims and even the accused, police or fire investigations and even the work of independent investigators. In some instances, the allegations will arise from the investigations performed by your homeowners or auto insurance company.
Turn to Our Experienced Team
When these types of incidents occur and questions concerning your possible involvement begin to be asked, your best interests are served by contacting one of our criminal defense attorneys. Since the seriousness of the arson charges, ranging from misdemeanors to felonies, can depend on what is said or what information is provided to the investigators, the earlier you have a criminal lawyer to assist you the better you will be protected.
The Degrees of Arson
- Fifth Degree – A Misdemeanor – Intentionally damaging someone's property by intentionally starting a fire or causing an explosion.
- Fourth Degree - E Felony – Recklessly damaging a building or motor vehicle by intentionally starting a fire or causing an explosion.
- Third Degree – C Felony – Intentionally damaging a building or motor vehicle by intentionally starting a fire or causing an explosion.
- Second Degree - B Felony – Intentionally damaging a building or motor vehicle by starting a fire knowing that it is reasonably possible that someone is inside.
- First Degree – A-1 Felony – Intentionally damaging a building or motor vehicle with an incendiary device knowing that it is reasonably possible that someone is inside and causing and explosion or a fire that injures someone or was caused with the expectation of financial gain.
Even in the most serious of cases our knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys will focus on working closely with you to build and pursue specific strategies to defend your rights and give you peace of mind. We will use every opportunity to minimize the charges, reduce or eliminate potential penalties associated with arson charges.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP
If you have been arrested, charged or are under investigation for arson we are here to protect your rights and your freedom.
Contact us online or by telephone (914) 840-5104 to speak with an experienced arson criminal defense lawyer.
Why Hire Our Firm?Aggressive & Successful Defense
Selection for Super Lawyers® (top 5% of New York attorneys)
Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Family Law and Criminal Defense
Published Legal Authors
Co-Authored National Bestsellers on DWI & Criminal Defense
Experience & Perspective
65+ years of combined experience, including criminal prosecution