Computer & Internet Crime Defense in Westchester County
Aggressive Defense from Our White Plains & Peekskill Criminal Lawyer
The Federal and State governments have the resources to investigate and prosecute a wide variety of internet and computer based crimes. Because these offenses are prosecuted at the Federal and State court level, it is very important to aggressively defend accusations and charges of computer and internet crimes.
At Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP, our experienced Westchester County computer crime attorneys provide an aggressive defense tailored to your specific case. As former prosecutors, we are well versed in the tactics the government uses to obtain convictions and understand the technical aspects of computers and computer crimes to provide the best possible criminal defense. We build the appropriate defense needed to protect your rights and personal reputation.
What are the most common computer and internet crimes?
- Credit Card Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Illegal File Sharing or Downloading
- Unauthorized Sale or Distribution of prescription drugs
- Child pornography
- Chat room offenses, including solicitation of minors
- Workplace misconduct including theft of trade secrets
- Hacking into a server or computer to obtain personal and financial information
- Check Scams and Marking Scams
- Cyber Stalking
- Transmitting indecent photographs via text or e-mail.
Defending Computer Crimes in Westchester County
The best defense to computer and internet crimes is to determine the extent of the proof the government has to prove their case and then to attack the strength of the evidence.
Some common defenses include:
- The information was not placed on the computer (downloaded or otherwise) by the accused
- The URL was manipulated by a third party
- There is an error with the server or ISP
- The computer in question was "hacked" as someone has access to your computer or wireless network
- The police improperly entrapped and accused and then made an arrest
In some instances an accused may want to hire a forensic computer expert to further analyze the government's claims or the criminal charges.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one is charged with any type of computer or internet crime, we are here to protect your rights and help you through this difficult time. Contact us online to speak with one of our Westchester County criminal defense lawyers.
Why Hire Our Firm?Aggressive & Successful Defense
Selection for Super Lawyers® (top 5% of New York attorneys)
Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Family Law and Criminal Defense
Published Legal Authors
Co-Authored National Bestsellers on DWI & Criminal Defense
Experience & Perspective
65+ years of combined experience, including criminal prosecution