Modification & Enforcement of Child Custody Have an Award-Winning Team on Your Side

Modification and Enforcement of Child Custody

Guidance from Our Westchester County & White Plains Lawyers

Whether you are seeking to modify an existing order or agreement, or whether you are seeking to oppose someone else’s request to modify, it is important that you have a skilled Westchester child custody lawyer to protect you rights from the beginning.

With more than 100 years of combined experience, the White Plains family law and divorce attorney at our firm have regularly appeared before Judges in the Supreme Courts and Family Courts of Westchester County (including White Plains Family Court, New Rochelle Family Court and Yonkers Family Court), Putnam, Rockland, the Bronx, and Orange Counties. We utilize this experience to your advantage both inside and outside the courtroom.

Making the Modification

When the circumstances surrounding your existing child custody and visitation divorce order or Family Court Order change the law allows you to petition the Family Court and Divorce Court for a modification of the original order or agreement. Not just any change is sufficient to modify a child custody and visitation arrangement. The change of circumstance must be significant enough that it affects the best interests of the children.

Enforcement of Orders and Agreements

Both parties in a divorce or in a Family Court case must adhere to the terms of a Court Order or your settlement agreement. Often, parties develop problems with child visitation days and times. In other instances, payment or receipt of child support enforcement becomes a point of contention between the parties. When it becomes necessary to compel the other party to follow the Court Order or settlement agreement, you should have lawyers who are accomplished and have the necessary experience to protect your rights. The Westchester County family law and divorce lawyers at our firm will enforce your rights through various enforcement methods including motions for contempt.

We offer a Free Initial Legal Consultation for all Custody and Visitation Modification and Enforcement Matters

As part of our commitment to providing excellent legal representation to all of our clients, whether they are a new client, existing client or returning client, our Westchester County family law and divorce lawyers provide free initial case consultation. Contact our law firm for more information about how our experienced Westchester County family lawyers can help you with your child custody modification or enforcement matter.

Contact us online or by telephone at (914) 840-5104.

Our Testimonials

Read How We've Helped Past Clients
  • “I have worked with Keith Brown and he always took the time to answer my questions. He always had a plan for me and explained everything clearly.”

    - Jason B.
  • “Both, David Sachs and Andrew Proto demonstrated strong character, punctuality, support and constantly searching for all options to win my both cases, and they made it possible.”

    - Adela L.
  • “David Sachs and the lawyers at Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP are the best criminal lawyers in Westchester County. Each lawyer in the firm are top-rated as I had the opportunity to work with each of the 3 attorneys.”

    - Robert C.

Why Hire Our Firm?

Aggressive & Successful Defense
  • Premier Counsel

    Selection for Super Lawyers® (top 5% of New York attorneys)

  • Award-Winning

    Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Family Law and Criminal Defense

  • Published Legal Authors

    Co-Authored National Bestsellers on DWI & Criminal Defense

  • Experience & Perspective

    100+ years of combined experience, including criminal prosecution

Caring & Compassionate Legal Counsel

Put Our Experience to Work for You

Get Started with a Free Confidential Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.