Upon a DWI arrest in Westchester County, New York many motorists feel that law enforcement and the prosecution have the upper, making a DWI defense impossible. That is not the case. Many DWI cases are defensible, but that can only be determined after a review of the statutory discovery, including an independent investigation, by an experienced DWI defense attorney.
Any number of DWI defenses can be used to weaken the prosecution’s case and get the DWI charges dismissed outright or reduced to a lesser charge.
What Are the Best DWI Defenses?
- The police violated a departmental procedure during the arrest or investigation
- No probable cause to stop the vehicle or the vehicle stop was made only to investigate a possible DWI
- Improper interrogation, Miranda rights violation
- Illegally obtained evidence during the DWI investigation
- Witness statements in favor of the motorist
- Medical conditions of the motorist
- Improper DWI and refusal warnings
- Inadequate or improper field sobriety tests (FST)
- Failure to calibrate or maintain a breathalyzer machine
- Body camera or dash camera evidence
How Do I Find a DWI Lawyer?
It is essential to hire an experienced and knowledgeable defense lawyer to customize a thorough DWI defense strategy. At Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP, our defense team has unparalleled insight into the DWI arrest and applicable defenses, including:
- Over 21 years of DWI experience in the local criminal courts and county courts of Westchester County
- Former Westchester County prosecutors
- Published authors in the area of general criminal defense and DWI defense
- Highly rated online by peers and former DWI clients
- Negotiated favorable pretrial results
- Dismissal after motions
- Acquittals after jury and judge trials
We keep our clients informed as to the status of their case options and make recommendations based upon individual circumstances to facilitate the best possible case outcomes.
Do not be bullied into a plea by the prosecution. If there are weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, we will find them and involve you in the defense to make an informed decision about what’s best for you and your individual situation.
If you have been arrested for DWI (Driving While Ability Impaired, Driving While Intoxicated, Refusal DWI, Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs, Aggravated DWI, Felony DWI) call Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP today at (914) 840-5104. We can also be reached via our online contact form.
Our offices are located in White Plains and Peekskill, New York and we offer a free initial DWI defense consultation.